Existing Member?

Mi Querida Sudamerica

back from Uruguay, next stop Bolivia

URUGUAY | Monday, 7 January 2008 | Views [407]

The week in Uruguay was one of the top ten weeks of my life. The night life is amazing and everyone is on vacation from all over the world. The day after new years eve we went to a pub by the marina and it was like its a small world with all the foreigners. We met some people from ireland, one of the guys was a supposedly famous soccer player who came to uruguay so that no one would bother him. Nevertheless some guy recognized him and started acting like a 14 year old girl, it was the worst man crush ive ever seen. His agent was freaking out there was almost a fight so we left and went to McDonalds and by the time we were heading home the sun was out.

Every night we stayed out until the sunrise (7:30), slept until 1 or 2PM and went to the beach. 11:30 we'd start the party in the bar in the hostel and and go out around 1 or 2AM.

The last night was total crazyness, there was a group of 8 mexicans that were going to the same club as us so we went as a huge group of 11. These mexicans were a lot different than the usual stereotype, they reminded me a lot of people from La Paz. They were extremely polite and traditional. That morning we got back and had to pack because check out was at 12. I pulled an all nighter but it was totally worth it. That morning, two of the mexicans bought more beer and continued to drink. I was eating toast and they were drinking beer, it was quite a sight.

Now we are back in buenos aires and are going to Bolivia tonight, Im not sure where we are going, but I think we are going to the salt flats, la Paz and somewhere else to celebrate carnival. I am excited for the food. And the country is falling apart, almost literaly so La Paz should be pretty crazy. Santa Cruz is starting to make is own money and government and everything and Evo Morales is making an alliance with Cesar Chavez and Fidel Castro so they can help him establish socalism. Evo is also making Americans get vias that cost over a $100 dolars. This trip should be pretty intereting.

Tags: Party time

 

 

Travel Answers about Uruguay

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.