Existing Member?

Mi Querida Sudamerica

Punta del Este, Uruguay

URUGUAY | Wednesday, 2 January 2008 | Views [406]

Uruguay is the shit

We are staying in a hostel here in punta del Este.  80 people stay here and they are from all over the world, most are Brazileros. its like living in the dorms again, but everyone is more friendly and attractive.  The beach is beautiful as is the whole city in general.

For new years we first partied in the hostel with random people, then we went to a club.  We ended up hitchhiking on accident because we got so tired of walking and were trying to flag down a taxi and when we got in we realized it wasnt a taxi. Its a good thing the people here are nice.

The club was almost 100% brazileros, I dont know if they are exceptionally friendly people or if they were just friendly because of drunkeness. Most of them have bad spanish and bad english so it is really funny, they say one sentence in english the next in spanish because they know half of each language.

Today was just a lot of laying around and recoperating, the rest of the week here should be a good time.

Tags: Party time

 

 

Travel Answers about Uruguay

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.