Existing Member?

Mi Querida Sudamerica

Road Trip to Bolivia

ARGENTINA | Tuesday, 8 January 2008 | Views [499] | Comments [2]

We left BA and got on a bus to Bolivia.  We are stopped here in Salta, Argentina waiting to take another bus the rest of the way.  BA to Salta is 18 hours, it was not a good time. The entire bus was literally one huge family from Buenos Aires and they definately were enjoying themselves.  I don´t think they stopped eating and walking around for even one hour, if you can think of it they ate it, marshmellows, salami, fried meat...  I dont know if I actually slept, all i know is I feel half dead and am not enthused to go another 8 hours to the border town where we have to walk across the border with all our luggage and take a taxi the rest of the way.  Well, it could be a lot worse, the bus is not too crappy and we got to watch ¨The Pacifier.¨ There was also some relationship forming between the two people sitting behind us.  The were strangers at the beginning of the trip and by the time the trip was over they were in love.

I really cant wait to actually sleep.

Tags: On the Road

Comments

1

Oh JR. Your blog is sure to replace the shoutouts as my number one "god Madison is boring" distraction.

Miss you! Went to the grocery store yesterday (waaahoo!) and Adam was all like "I usually skip the ethnic foods sections". Travesty! I showed him what's up and got a shit ton of this Arabic spice. Haven't tried it yet, but I'm excited to.

Stay safe, keep the hitchhiking to a minimum! :)

  Mal Jan 8, 2008 2:10 PM

2

wow these really are entertaining. fyi - you and mal were both in my dream last night. you seemed great, so i guess that's a good sign! just know that i miss you tons and am SO jealous i'm not with you!!

  lauren Jan 21, 2008 11:28 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.