Existing Member?

GPzMike Abroad

t-7 days

USA | Saturday, 26 June 2010 | Views [643]

The Response. Typical. Run. Around. From. A. Corporation. And they have the dumb 'keep this confidential' disclaimer...yeah right...they do that 'cause they know how incredibly retarded their response is.

BoneHeads!!!

And to add salt to the wound they don't include the original email to them in their response like the rest of the civilized world...AND if you want to respond to their email you must return to their website and use the form: you can't have a dialogue with the person who has written to you!

I've only talked to 4 or 5 different automatons at their Reservation line. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM - no joke - at first quoted me the limitations as per the Haiti Limitations but only after I POINTED OUT the embargo did they then delve deeper and change their story. Then they have the audacity to tell me "Oh we do this EVERY year". Yeah, right.

And now I just went to their website and they've changed it so that the Haiti Bag Restrictions page has a direct referral link to the embargo page...but the Haiti Limitations Page STILL has a heading of "This information is correct as of June 26". Too bad the embargo started nearly a month ago and so the information has been defunct for all that time.

Dear Mr. Leister:
Thank you for your interest in American Airlines.

Based on the information you have requested, I have determined that our reservation personnel can better address your concerns. They can be reached via 1-800-433-7300 and are available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you are calling from outside the United States or Canada, please click on the URL below to determine the reservation center or General Sales Agent nearest you. Please have your flight details readily available to provide the representative.


www.aa.com/i18n/utility/internationalReservationsPhoneContact.jsp

Should you require similar assistance with reservations in the future, we recommend you call the above number for a more expeditious response. We have an around-the-clock dedicated staff of professionals eager to resolve concerns for customers holding open reservations. If you still have questions or concerns after your trip is completed, we'd be happy to hear from you in Customer Relations.

We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you on board.

Sincerely,

W. C. Zanette
Customer Relations
American Airlines

For security purposes and to protect privacy, our process does not allow for replies to this message. If we can assist you further, please let us know by clicking here.

The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee(s); access to anyone else is unauthorized. If this message has been sent to you in error, do not review, disseminate, distribute or copy it. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this email from your email system.

About gpzmike


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.