Existing Member?

GPzMike Abroad

t-24 days

USA | Tuesday, 8 June 2010 | Views [364] | Comments [1]

As I approach fly-day I am getting more caught up in shedding my self of belongings. It's frightening so I am just keeping my head down, doing the doable, and letting the rest out into the universe.

I gave 30 days notice at the apartment. That brought the reality of what I'm about to do to a new level of awareness - and as the apartment empties the awareness just keep building.

There are still some big ticket items to sell but the majority of it is gone. Packing, free stuff piles, and dump runs are about all that remain.

During the sale yesterday someone was asking about what my living conditions are going to be like...while he was eating an icecream bar. I told him that there is no refrigeration on site so for the next 3 months I'll not be eating any icecream. My brain reeled at the statment, but it's true. No yummy root beers. Minor to be sure, but the realization of those items not being available just makes it so much clearer that I'm going somewhere that is very different from 'home'.

A huge thank you to all that have helped out and came by to look stuff over and buy a few item. Every bit helps.

Comments

1

I'll be watching the blog! It'll be interesting to see how things go. Do you know specifically what you will be working on? Perhaps a future blog topic! haha

  Josh Brown Jun 17, 2010 3:01 PM

About gpzmike


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.