Existing Member?

Every Journey Counts Working with a charity and taking a look around. Just enjoying meeting people and living a different way of life with new challenges.

Happy Heart!

THAILAND | Monday, 7 February 2011 | Views [488]

Oh how happy my heart is to be in Thailand!! - even if it is only the airport for now!
Stepping outside the airport I was nearing tears when I smelt the warm jasmine air. Stood under the entrance shelter, the smells and sounds funnily enough echo that of a swimming pool! That fresh and clean smell with hints of soapy perfume and it's sweaty atmosphere too, but not in an sticky and uncomfortable way. What a fabulous place!


After finding my bearings I'm in the sun! Its the biggest airport I have ever been to and it is surrounded by green pockets of botanical gardens, of which I am sat in now enjoying a nice thai curry and ice tea for less than £1! It’s like the eden project. Not too sure what the veggies are in it but its cooked and hot plus its from a small canteen of which I'm the only 'tourist'! The rest of the diners are staff of the airport but I feel at home with the security crew its like being at work again! :)
My next flight is at 15.15 6 hours to wait. I will check in again when I reach Phnom Penh. I'm off for a walk in the garden and to find something else to eat. This long wait will soon fly by! :)

Tags: airport, arrival, bangkok, botanical garden

About gem_sky


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.