Existing Member?

Gauri's Adventures

Power Walking and Trashmen

ITALY | Wednesday, 11 April 2007 | Views [307]

Today we went to Boboli Gardens after school. We came home and had lunch and I had the most satisfying meal of my whole trip. I got chicken, bacon and tortillas at the supermarket so I had a chicken-bacon-cheese-lettuce wrap and it was AMAZING! I still haven’t had a meal as good and I don’t think I will, except maybe tomorrow when I have the same thing, maybe it will be even better! After lunch, we all went to Boboli Gardens. The man at the ticket booth was really mean to us though and told Katie we couldn’t lay out there. We weren’t in bathing suits or naked so I think he was just being mean to us because he knew we were American. I wanted to power walk around the gardens and everyone made fun of me but it was the best walk ever. The gardens are really hilly so it was a good work out, and it wasn’t super hot because there are a zillion trails through the woods and they are almost completely covered with greenery so it was really cool (temperature wise) back there. After I power walked, we came home and had dinner and somehow decided to go out again. I went to the market to buy some alcohol with Kristi and Crystal and Morgan and I tried out our 6 euro bottle of vodka again. I had screwdrivers with red orange juice! I was kind of afraid of the orange juice but it was actually really good. We decided to go dancing at Maracana but we stopped at Lochness for a few drinks before. Apparently it was 2 for 1 drinks and I got very excited when they handed me two bottles of beer instead of just one! After our Lochness drinks, we went to Maracana. They had huge TV screens outside and it didn’t look like much was going on, but we decided to go in anyways. After about 30 seconds of being inside, it started to get a lot of fun because people started to dance and they were playing better music. We danced for awhile and Kristi and Morgan disappeared. They called us and told us they left and that they passed Nick and his friends on the way out. Katie and I decided to be losers and try to find them, and somewhere in all this I sent him a text that said him and his friends were lame. Katie and I decided to just have a drink and then we saw them. They were being extremely weird so we just went to dance and have fun without them. Somewhere in all of this Alexia lost her drink card and had to pay 50 euro and so she got mad and Crystal had to go find her and “take care of her.” I think Crystal was kind of annoyed but Katie and I just decided to have fun. We also saw Nick hanging on to some girl while making out with another. SWEET. Trashman.

Tags: The Great Outdoors

 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.