Existing Member?

Fleur Tonkin

Shopping in Edinburgh! 19/1/12

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 22 January 2012 | Views [639]

Hi All,

So today Susan and I drove to Dunfermline and caught the train into the city centre (Edinburgh) to do some shopping :) We also met up with Susans' niece Emma (who is my age). She was very nice and even used her student card to get me some discounts!


I discovered yet more new shops; John Lewis (a department store like Myer), Cath Kidston (a brand i'd heard of/read about but not actually seen) which sells various things (most with a floral theme); from oven mitts, to kids outfits, plates, purses, umbrellas, bed linen and material (at 20 GBP a metre!). I got a nice top and some costume jewellery from Dorothy Perkins (with a 25% discount thanks to Emma's student card!) and we walked through the pricey Harvey Nichols where women were sitting and drinking champagne whilst having their nails done at the make up counters, dresses upwards of 2,000 GBP and their shoes - oh their shoes! I drooled over (but not on!) their Jimmy Choos, Prada, Gucci, Christian Laboutin and Miu Mius.

We had a really nice buffet lunch at a chinese restaurant called Saigon Saigon and whilst we were sitting down, it started snowing outside, and so; like the typical snow deprived Australian I am, I rushed outside and started taking pictures! It was melting as it hit the ground (ruling out the possibility of skiing home) but just looked so gorgeous - I was transfixed by it.

We browsed around a few shops which have now become familiar to me; Primark, Topshop, Monsoon, Marks & Spencers and Accessorize, I tried on a few gorgeous dresses, but of course they only had the sizes above and below what I needed! Also for those travelling to the UK, beware; you will go up a dress size and drop 2 shoes sizes as soon as you step off the plane!!

After our shopping expedition we went to Rena's (Susan's Mum) house and saw little Olivia (who Rena was minding today) and I also met Elaine (Susan's sister and Emma's mum) and Jenni (Emma's younger sister). Jenni came back to stay at Susan's as she had a driving lesson the next morning. I made an easy tea of toasted Ciabatta buns with hamburger patties, bacon and salad, which we followed with some yummy Banoffee pie (from Marks & Spencers) and a Wii bowling tournament (which I won much to my surprise!)


Until Next Time

F xox

Tags: dunfermline train station, edinburgh train station, saigon saigon

 
 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.