Existing Member?

Quest

Onward ho! Victoria!

CANADA | Wednesday, 18 June 2008 | Views [615]

We took a ferry from Galiano to Victoria. A lovely, short trip and at no cost as the ferry from Vancouver to Galiano essentially covers you all the way to Victoria. We arrived in Victoria and caught two buses and arrived at Trevor's. We stayed at Trevor's from Wednesday, June 18th, until Saturday, June 21st. It was nice to visit with Trevor, who always has a thoughtful thing or two to point out about travelling or finding a place, real estate, and many other things.  We helped him a bit around his yard, and a more appreciative host is not likely to be found.  We hope he is enjoying his week off. Another highlight of our visit to Victoria was getting together with Dave's long time friend Bart. He has such a kind, receptive, and intuitive nature. Our time with Bart was inspiring for both of us, in our process of exploring the possibilities of living and settling on Vancouver Island. On the 22nd, Trevor gave us a ride to the Unity Church at Pandora and Quadra where we met up with Alice and listened to a lovely service including some really nice music from a visiting duo. The sermon was delivered by a buddhist/Christian minister. She was terrific -- very funny, real, natural, self effacing, as well as deep and wise. A natural minister! Then, we piled into Alice's Tercel and headed north up the island for Comox.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.