Existing Member?

Quest

Next stop: Serenity by the Sea

CANADA | Sunday, 15 June 2008 | Views [568]

Yes, that is the name of the place. serenitybythesea.com on Galiano Island. I was sure that I had landed in paradise. No doubt. And yet, when we heard from Sean, another wwoofing host whom we had contacted in order to build in some flexibility while we were on the island, we heeded the call. For one thing, there happened to be a goodly number of people at Serenity. For another, Sean was a nice guy who needed a hand. We enjoyed staying at his place too, and had our own separate cabin on the property, as well as an opportunity to enjoy their rental property which we were preparing for renters coming this Friday. There was a nice energy about Sean (and Jennifer's) place. Jennifer was in T.O. due to her sibling's illness, and Sean had everything to keep going on his own before he left to join her. So, we were glad to fill in as well as meet a comely Galiano resident and also a few of his friends and family. Jennifer had the most incredible library, including one of her own creation (in collaboration with two other filmmakers): none other than Canadian documentary extraordinaire: The Corporation.

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.