Existing Member?

Another trip part 2 The amazing adventures of a lass from Belle Isle!!

I have arrived!!!

HONG KONG | Monday, 18 August 2008 | Views [889] | Comments [8]

Well here I am, after numerous farewells and lovely presents thank you everyone!! Here I am in a tiny studio on Wing Lok Street(Ginsing and Birds nest street!) Hong Kong island. I have my computer(thank you to all those who contributed its fab I have already being on skype!!)

Well what is HK like? Hot? Very! Humid? Without a doubt!

Clean, organised,safe, modern,old,trendy, buzzing, every restaurant you can imagine! I have already had: Thai, pizza, italian, chinese(with chiop sticks!!!) and the best veggie burger I have ever tasted!!! So hings are looking good.

Fitness First(my old gym from home) is just behind my studio so its like home from home almost!

Travelling on buses is great as its air conditioned and they even have a little video on for the kids upstairs(Bob the bUilder was on when I got on the other day!!)

I'm still not qute use to the money at the moment but I guess once I am paid in HK dollars it will be easier.

Hope to look for a bigger apartment this week for the influx of visitors!

Had my first day at work today really cute children majority chinese as it is just play scheme at the moment but they nearly all have engish names, apart from the woman at the supermarket who was called Pinky Pang!!!

Next week I will start properly at the school in Repulse Bay where I will be working permanently brand new and right on the beach!!

Will put some photos on as yet non of me! So I could be still at Rosehill Road ;)

Keep blogging guys

Take care

Trace xxx   

Tags: day to day

Comments

1

Hi Trace! It all sounds great and so pleased you settled in and happy! Sounds perfect! Very organized getting a laptop already. Sorry I missed you yesterday but I'm sure we will catcu up on skype at some point!
Take care and enjoy!
xxxxxxxxx

  Lizzie Aug 19, 2008 6:49 PM

2

Hey, Traceys blog is back......more opportunities for me to talk about me and completely ignore Traceys attention seeking exploits. She has to go all the way to Hong Kong to get anybody to speak to her. Pathetic. Today I have made a cheesecake, a white chocolate one. End of blog for today. Mwah..

  Maximus Aug 19, 2008 11:56 PM

3

Hey we're back - the bloggers gang :0)

Max can you do milk or dark next time please, I don't like white chocolate.

Tracey just a few requirements for the new apartment for when me and Max come out there. It needs to be 3 bedrooms and preferably ensuite. Be good if one of the ensuites had a spa bath in too. Can you make sure it's serviced so we can bring all our washing and ironing. It needs a balcony, with preferably a view out over the water and and obviously airconditioned to prevent us 'glowing' and, if it could be very close to the beach that would be lovely.

It says on skype that I need headphones and a microphone - I can feel a Madonna moment coming on. Might have to get a new lycra ensemble specially for blogging!! Not sure bout those wrong way round pop socks though - think they might chafe!!

Jo xx


  Jo Sav Aug 20, 2008 5:46 AM

4

Yes, the spa is a must. Im not coming for anything less. Apparently though, Ryanair are not anticipating adding Yeadon to Hong Kong to their list of routes. I am surprised. I may write to them and explain EXACTLY who I am. Heads will roll. And I will also advise them that for my £39 return fare I expect a cloth seat, not one of their shrink wrapped ones. (Tracey hasn't got a clue what I'm on about, she having only flown British Airways and Quantas!!) I will let you know Jo when I have a reply from Ryanair. Which will be by return of post if they know whats good for them.......

  Maximus Aug 20, 2008 6:14 AM

5

Glad you're on the case Max. If not we could have a word with my old mate George Clooney. I'm sure he'd let us use his private jet. We might have to let him come with us but hey we could put up with him for a while.

  Jo Sav Aug 21, 2008 4:57 AM

6

Aw come on Jo??? George Clooney???? Is he still breathing??? I for one aint pushing his bath chair on the narrow streets of HK. I will stick to my good friend Ben Fogle who can still walk, talk without dribbling and doesn't need special pants from the chemist! You and Trace can go to bingo with Clooney and Gere and I will do things with Ben(!) Oooeer missus!!

  Maximus Aug 21, 2008 6:05 PM

7

Listen guys I know I am not suppose to comment on my own blog! But if you need to indulge in your little fantasy world do so via your own emails!!! ;)

Typhon predicted for tomorrow so everyone hoping for a day off work!

  fozzy Aug 21, 2008 10:07 PM

8

JO!!! SOMEONE HAS INFILTRATED OUR PRIVATE CHAT!! Someone with the odd name of Tracey Emms???? You'd think they would use a name that is believeable wouldn't you, instead of some weird, made up ridiculous name! Must be a nutter. Who can it be??? Sounds workshy too.....wanting a day off cos of a little breeze. Bet they've never lived up north. Still not heard from RYANAIR.

  Maximus Aug 22, 2008 2:49 AM

About fozzy


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Hong Kong

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.