Existing Member?

Posh Backpackers On Wheels Grace and Marie Therese's Round-the-World Adventure

Rocking in Sydney

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 22 April 2008 | Views [2850] | Comments [3]

The backpackers on stage...

The backpackers on stage...

The excitment leading up to the Birthday girl's Mystery Tour!! Bebo and Facebook were being stalked to see if there were any clues as to where we were going!! but being the mighty organizer that Grace is, Mt had to wait till the day. Birthday Morning: We arose with the lark before anyone else was up, to spend a bit of quality time together........... The Birthday breakfast was tidy due to an empty fridge, but the presents made up for the lack of food!!! To start with Mt got posters with Pictures from our travels, The 2nd was a fantale (chocolate toffee sweet robbed from grace's work) and then Grace asked Mt to get a galss from the cupboard where the main gift was waiting for her, Inside the birthday card were two tickets to go and see Matchbox 20 Baby!!!!! All excited we jumped around in circles in the kitchen and woke the whole house......... Chilled out with beers by the pool, getting excited for the evening ahead!!!! one of the boyzz rocked into the house after being away working all week and made an announcement "What time are we going to the Casino" Grace having had a pain with two weeks, bursting to tell her only secret from Mt, was left speechless for once........... The birthday cake was produced, Mt blew out her candles and we all bundled into taxi's and headed for the Casino in Star City............

we started the session on the 17th floor of the Casino in the Oh soooo posh Astral Bar, We were boozing out in the balcony over-looking the Beautiful view that Sydney has to offer..... Lost a few of the guys walking through the Casino and most of them were the South Kerry crew!!!! Mt and Grace kept the few cents they had and posed for photographers...... The photo shoot ended before it got started, Security were onto us!!! Mt crying out "but it's my Birthday" and Grace saying "Let her pose if she wants to" We eventually made our way to Paddy Maguires on the first floor of the Casino and took up a few high stools. The Entertainment was flying with the Goochenator singing his Rooster song, a man walking by eating chicken on a stick told him to 'Shut up or I'll throw this chicken in your face" Everybody erupted laughing.......... Decided it was time to move on. We made our way to the Courthouse 24 hour bar!! Drank the night away!!!

The following weekend, We had a visit from Pato (a friend from Cahersiveen). We all had a funfilled weekend of laughter, chats about the good auld days and a visit or two to the pub!!!!

We had finally found a way to cope with our different shifts during the week... The two ships in the night hardly saw eachother during the week apart from one lunch in the Park which turned out to be a rather unusual one!!! while waiting for Grace, Mt gave $2 to a homeless guy!! A couple of minutes later he returned with a little bouquet of flowers picked from the park, when Grace arrived she got one too because we were "equally beautiful" Three more of his friends joined us for lunch. They had a liquid lunch and we had a home-made sandwich lunch, Bob asked "do ye like to dance" and gave Grace his number..... To be continued............... James and Kitty - Grace is bringing home a Bob............ he he he he!!!

Our new routine is Mt arriving home from work at 3am, Grace pausing her dreams for half an hour, so we can catch up on the days gossip and laugh ourselves to sleep!!! Mt is now working at a celebrity haunt...... Busy breaking glasses on a quiet Tuesday night, Keanu Reeves rocked into Quay Bar for a drink!!! the celebrities continue to come and go in our lives. Struggling to breathe she served the star her best pour of Coopers Pale Ale. She ran into the kitchen to call her partner in crime "Grace guess who the fuck is in Quay Bar........... Keanu Reeves Baby. See Ya!" She made sure to bring home a souvenier for Grace, the glass with Keanu's DNA on it!!!!

The week kept getting better... Friday came around and we were getting all excited and in the mood for Matchbox 20!!! We dollied ourselves up and headed for the Sydney Entertainment Centre.

The Concert started with Thirsty Rev, they looked like midgets on stage, We were no longer among the A-VIP crew, we were rowing with the rest of the slaves and couldn’t have been any higher up, but the sound was amazing and it sure was a fantastic gig!! Leaving the Entertainment Centre on a high, lighting on Vodka, we were ready for action down in Darling Harbour, Seduced by Latin Rhythems, our first stop was a salsa bar, Yeaaaahhhhh!!! We were back in South America, It didn’t take long before we were approached, in the form of two latin teenagers, METAL MOUTH AND MOTOR MOUTH. Their hormones were high, so we salsa’d our way down to Cargo bar minus the teenagers. Danced the night away and finished it off with a FAT vegetarian Subway Roll!!!

Bored out of our brains on Sunday, we decided to be creative and make a suggestion box. As the suggestions were being pulled out there was a lot of “Sleepy” and “Naked” suggestions by the lads: “Naked Sunday (females only)”, “Tell Grace and Mt to Fuck off”!!,
“Sleeping on the train going to Bondi” While we were looking for culture: “Busking”,
“Free Concerts” and
“Newtown”
So we decided on Newtown. The others unimpressed, stayed put and dreamed of “Sexy Time” Our first meeting in Newtown was a South American Gallery, owned by the most friendly Equadorian Artist. He took us around his Gallery, but unfortunately our wallets couldn’t stretch to buy any of the colourful artwork, just as we were leaving, he called us back, gave us both a warm hug and said “everybody loves you girls” We’ll definitely call again to Multicultural Newtown!!

Comments

1

U sure make an impression on people wherever your travels take you... And you posh girls ONLY hang out at the POSH places in Sydney I see.. Who's the sugar daddy this time?? Love the update..as always ;) XX

  Elin Apr 22, 2008 10:46 PM

2

ho girls, i got so nostalgic, i miss you so much.
you guys are so good vibes and cute!!
Today here are 18 degrees, feels like summer! finally we can show skin, hehe
big kiss
j

  joana Taya Apr 22, 2008 11:23 PM

3

eg ba om en oppdatering... å der va an plutselikt! kjempekjekt :) sol å sommar her i byen og, men ikkje akkurat liga møye action. kos dokke å hils kjendisane xxx

  Head Apr 23, 2008 3:57 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.