Existing Member?

Posh Backpackers On Wheels Grace and Marie Therese's Round-the-World Adventure

Iron Maiden vs. Irish Maidens

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 14 February 2008 | Views [1396] | Comments [8]

Grace, MT, Frankie, Jeremy, Paddy the Pilot and Martin

Grace, MT, Frankie, Jeremy, Paddy the Pilot and Martin

And so it was faith...our celebrity lifestyle was to continue...

How lucky were we, to arrive into Sydney a day before Iron Maiden and their crew. And even luckier that MT's brother Frankie was part of that crew...

Friday, our first day in Sydney, we rocked around the city like tourists, and Friday night we rocked around The Orient (bar) like VIP's with the Crew and band in toe. That night was amazzzzzzzzing, but little did we know there was soo much more to come! Saturday we woke up in our 5 star hotel like queens... When Frankie left for work...We got to work...

We knew this 5 star treatment wouldn't last, we were thinking of the weeks ahead!

Saturday evening we headed for Acer Arena. They were bringing us to the concert!!!!!! The night before we were advised by the crew to wear something black "You don't want to stick out at an Iron Maiden concert!"... So we decided 'Yes we do', so we put on our brightest dressy tops and headed for the Arena. A few stares, but nothing the backpackers couldn't handle, and then when we received the big FAT A-VIP passes we definitely stood out with those babies wrapped around our necks! Wandering around backstage, frontstage, soundbox...anywhere we wanted, served cold beers by Kevin (aka Sleepy), and having the time of our lives.

After the concert we headed back to the hotel in the crews' bus and headed for the rooftop balcony for another A-VIP rooftop aftershow party. Not realising we were standing next to Bruce Harris, he looked soo different without his flag... And the main manager saying "Are you with us girls?"...and MT replying "Who are you?"...he just laughed and laughed. The vino was flying and we loved living the high life.

Round 3: Sunday night meeting up with the crew was a must, the final hurray!! While we were in the bar drinking our vino, Frankie and Martin were busy trying to sort out jobs in the bar for us. Afterwards MT and Grace took to the floor and their Riverdance began... The crew and Ozzies were very impressed, and Sam christened us 'THE IRISH MAIDENS'! Who knows, we might join the next world tour as crew entertainment.

Onto the next bar to finish off the night, and of course not forgetting to give our most outrageous rendition of "THE MUSIC MAN" for all the crew, musicians and anyone who would listen. Away back to the hotel then after for the final 5 star slumber...

The next morning we sadly waved our new family away to Brisbane. Rushed around like headless chickens trying to find somewhere to print our CV's...shiiiiiiiiiiiiit we had job interviews....REALITY BITES!!

We're now starting work in the 'Ship Inn' bar where it all started on Saturday night, so let the Riverdance continue! Stay tuned, plenty more to come...

Tags: Adrenaline

Comments

1

CANT'T BELIEVE YOU ARE WORKING AT THE SHIP IN!!! Wwwwaaaaaaaoooo this is soooooo weird :) Used to drink there every night after work at the Radisson..just up the road. I know Jade is also a "ship-in" drinker (helps when it is open at 2 am in the morning..let the party begin) so look out for her (she works at Cafe Sydney just across the street from you guys!). ENJOY!!! XX Hope ur luck continues on...

  Elin Feb 15, 2008 12:57 AM

2

Run to the hills i'm jealous,
u partied with iron maiden ;)
Ur trip is like a dream ....
may it never end n i'll come out n meet u somewhere!!

  Jette Feb 16, 2008 1:54 AM

3

Hey, u girls are just mad:)! Come here to London quickly, I need u to get into the inner circles...;) I can see that u will make the ship-in the most popular celebrity hang-out in town.
Cheers, Anna

  Anna Feb 18, 2008 8:28 AM

4

Irish Maidens, you rule! Can I join your fan club... or just join you...?

  Head Feb 22, 2008 8:48 PM

5

It's been waaaaay too long since the last update leidis!! Come on...make our days here op North with some good stories...or are you too buys serving mohitos to everyone at the Quay? Enjoy your weekend! Mmmwaaah

  Elin Mar 7, 2008 7:28 PM

6

Hello Sydney... is there anybody out there?!

  Head Mar 12, 2008 6:04 AM

7

Happy St. Patricks day
How about som piccies

  PF Mar 18, 2008 12:51 AM

8

hæææ...hette an isje steve harris???

  siwiiii Mar 25, 2008 12:31 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.