Existing Member?

Posh Backpackers On Wheels Grace and Marie Therese's Round-the-World Adventure

Chilling in Chile

CHILE | Friday, 8 February 2008 | Views [2666] | Comments [2]

Grace and MT riding the waves

Grace and MT riding the waves

While chilling in Chile, our hearts were still in Mendoza... We escaped the Gringo Trail and headed for Pichilemu for some surf and detox. Our days consisted of slideshows, sunbathing and surfing..aaaah bliss. But the surf wasn't up to much, all geared up we headed for the waves the first day. We spent the first hour paddling around laying flat on our boards, no waves to be seen. So we decided we'd head for the shore with our flask and mate cups. Looking the part of two professional surfers with our wetsuits on and the boards laying flat beside us, lots of passers by were looking at us and smiling, and we thinking how cool we were "jeez we must look like such professionals"...

After a while this hot surfer came up to us and asked us if we were going surfing... we were like "naah, no waves today". Then he goes "Are you renting those boards?". "we are" we said proudly, and he replied "Well you might want to turn them around, the sun is melting the wax!" We nearly died laughing, and replied that we don't have that problem in Ireland or Norway.

Pining after our gauchos, we had enough of surfing in Chile, so we decided to head back to Mendoza for 24 hours...The rest is PRIVATE! Haaaa-haaa!!!

Stay tuned for MAD stories from New Zealand! Now we have to get a job here in Sydney!!!!!!!!!!!

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

Comments

1

cool, and funy girls!
good luck with your job hunting
kiss
j

  joana Taya Feb 8, 2008 8:18 PM

2

Håbe dokke fekk rabatt (ingen bølger). Eg syns eg ser dokke på stranden, nyter livet som to proff surfere....

  Eva Feb 9, 2008 11:55 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.