Existing Member?

Posh Backpackers On Wheels Grace and Marie Therese's Round-the-World Adventure

Me and me Gaucho

ARGENTINA | Saturday, 19 January 2008 | Views [1352] | Comments [8]

Be still our beating hearts!!

Be still our beating hearts!!

Tempted by Vino tasting, we decided the next stop had to be Mendoza...... Treated ourselves to a nice hostel with a pool, to get away from the party scene and party hostels, Chimba´s was not exactly quiet though, Well the hostel was quiet but the people we met up with wére´nt!!!! This was the first time we met up with such a big gang of Irish people, the hostel owner said it was like an Infestation of the Irish so needless to say the booze was flying!!! Spend our days wine tasting at the vinyards and by the pool, had come to Mendoza for 4 days and ended up staying for a week........ but boy was it worth it.... Our new celebrity friend Tommy Tiernan (Irish Comedian) was comical and entertained us for the week and tourguide Terry Jerry kept us entertained with his musical talents Strumming on the guitare and belting out fab tunes!!!

The cool gang! 8 of the gang, decided to book in for some horse riding, Mt and Grace having no interest in horses or riding the free bar and BBq tempted us!!! but from the minute we landed on the "Ranch" there was another temptation in the form of Two hunky gaucho´s RAAAAAARRRRRRRRR!!!! Terrified and petrified getting on the horses was a bit of an ordeal but shortly after we headed off for the mountains in the sunset and began to feel a little bit more comfortable, but then again the flirting did help a little OOOhhh la la!!!

Mt, Grace and Clodagh were the three paddy lasts of the group, with one of the Gaucho´s taking good care of us, taking our photo´s posing on the horses, while the rest were waiting for us to catch up.... Eventually we caught up with the group and the other Gaucho was asking the group "who wants to go galloping" the first three over were the three Paddy Lasts, off we went and started the galloping, Mt thought she was flying on her horse and she roaring "Heeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaaaah I´m galloping" to be told by her gaucho "your only trotting"!!! She was´nt totally wrong, she had been flying all over the place cause of her saddle coming loose....... Shortly after we were all galloping the wind in our hair, like in the romantic westerns!!! A Gaucho by each of us on either side, we knew we were in safe hands..........

When we reached the top of the mountain, with a fantastic view of the city and the stars and the moon lighting up the sky and guiding us home!!! cheesey or Whaaaaaaaaa!!!! After the break on the mountain, it was so dark and difficult to find our horses, Mt got up on her horse to realise she was still tied to the bush, She turned to Tiernan and said "Tiernan are you up on your horse, I´m still tied to the bush" he said "you are not" and broke his ass laughing, the next thing all they heard was hellllllppppppppppppppp!! from somewhere down the mountain, Mt recognised the voice straight away and roared It´s Grrrrrraaaaccceeeee ah hahahahahahahahah, had´nt Graces horse taken off down the mountain like a bitch!!!! next thing the Gaucho jumped up on his horse dust flying everwhere to Graces rescue, Mt thought "What a clever bitch and me here still tied to the bush"

We arrived back at the "Ranch" and the BBQ was flying the wine was coming out like no-ones business, Needless to say we were all on top form, the sing song started and so did the dancing with the gaucho´s, Grace and Mt did their best to entertain the crowd by giving a fantastic rendition of the Music Man, "I am the music man and I come from down your way, What can you plaaaayyyy I can play the guitaro, OOOOOHhhhhhh Guitare guitare guitarooooooooo GuitarooooooooooGuitaroooooo..............." classy birds!! Everyone was laughing and the Gaucho´s thought we were amazing (Insane) Partied away till the wee hours....... Oh what a night!!!!!

Though we´ve now moved onto Chile, the Gaucho´s did explain to us that the women in Mendoza do not work, so if ye come and live with us, ye can become ladies of leisure..... sounds good to us!!!! we might bring them back to Kerry and set up the Ranch there and become ladies of leisure!!!! Oh what a life A Gaucho and sugar daddy forever........

Tags: The Great Outdoors

Comments

1

Det hørtes fantasisk ut....Me fekk en god latter....Eg syns eg ser når du tror du galopere på hesten..
Der finnes Gauchoes på Undheim og Filemore og, hvorfor reise så langt.

  Eva Jan 19, 2008 7:24 AM

2

Haha, enige me Eva eg. Mange flotte gauchoes på Undheim :) :) LOL!! Eller i bjerkreim for dn del...d e bare å komma heim :)

  Elin Jan 19, 2008 7:52 AM

3

i can only picture you girls in such a scenario, hehe
grace you have some writing skills girl!!
love the pics!
kiss

  joana Taya Jan 19, 2008 10:53 PM

4

Hvis det er en gaucho du vil ha, kan Letty og Sean presentere deg for Farmer Dan i Cork mohahahahaaaa...

  Head Jan 20, 2008 10:26 PM

5

they are Fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  sadhbh Jan 21, 2008 8:03 PM

6

Thanks for all the comments, we love hearing from all of ye, keep the comments coming! For the non-Norwegian speaking fans out there, Eva (MT´s mum) is saying that there are plenty of gauchos in Undheim (town in the Norwegian countryside) and Foilmore too... Well when they start producing FINEEEEE gauchos like that we might consider it.

Grace and MT

  entertainers Jan 22, 2008 10:54 AM

7

Hi Girlies,

Looking absolutely amazing that horse riding, (and the gauchos;)) Did you ever ride a horse before? I can't believe they let u do the gallop! I am glad you are still in one piece, both of you. I check your blog every ones in a while and u are totally entertaining me so keep it coming.
Kisses Anna

  Anna Jan 28, 2008 8:52 AM

8

Did you guapas stay in Gaucholand or is there an update coming from Kiwiland anytime soon...??!

  Head Feb 4, 2008 10:40 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.