Existing Member?

Travel Adventures

First Week of Classes

USA | Sunday, 20 January 2008 | Views [812] | Comments [4]

Right now I’m sitting in my room watching tv and in the meanwhile typing a new story for my weblog (hurray for multitasking ;p). So let me give you guys an overview of my first week of studying at UNK.

On Monday I had my first day of class. Sadly for me, the morning classes here start at 8.00 and (of course) I’ve got to start at eight every morning except for Thursday. I’m taking 2 biology classes: a 300-level Cell Biology and a 400-level Human Genetics. Next to that, I’ve got 2 chemistry classes: a 300-level Techniques of Chemical Analysis and a 300-level Biochemistry. Now I know that to some of you this information might not say a lot, but I hope that you can conclude from the course titles what my classes are about.

After a week of classes, I have to say I like my courses a lot. Three of these courses include laboratory work, which I’m really happy with. One thing I didn’t like that much was that I already had a test in my first week! But since my other three courses did not start that crazy, I had enough time to prepare and I think I did pretty well.

But enough about the studying for now. Apart from studying for my test, I’ve had plenty of time this week to meet new people and enjoy my time in the USA. On Tuesday evening we had an Ice Cream Social. This was a meeting for the whole building to meet the new people that moved in (that would be me ;p), go over the house rules, and eat ice cream of course! Furthermore I spent my evenings with watching movies, playing games, and drawing a birthday card for one of the guys in the building. And today I went ice skating with some of the girls on my floor and some friends of them that came over from Hastings (I’ll put some pictures of that on my weblog later on).

Tomorrow I’ve got a day of and then my second week of classes will start. Speak to you soon!

     

Tags: Work

Comments

1

Hey Nadien!

Wow, those courses sound really interesting and DIFFICULT:P The RA circus starts tomorrow again. Really weird that you're not here. Will be missing you this semester:(

Marit

  Marit Jan 28, 2008 4:00 AM

2

Nadine,
How's it going?! Sounds like school has been treating you like school...gotta love those 8am classes? Anyways, RA has begun and I am about to get to sleep. Speak to you later!! Have fun.

karyn.k

  Karyn Jan 29, 2008 10:13 AM

3

Hi :)

  Mirjam holleman Feb 1, 2008 6:36 PM

4

God, I miss you! I just want to knock on your door every day...but you're not there. Fortunately, you seem to have a great time! I hope you keep us up to date, and that we could skype sometimes!! Good luck!!

Kisses

  Susan M Feb 6, 2008 4:18 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.