Existing Member?

Planes, Trains and Rickety Wheels

Gaucho Restaurant Review, Amsterdam

NETHERLANDS | Monday, 24 June 2013 | Views [382]

Wow, everything is exquisite. The decor is classy and cosy but simplistic with a touch of Argentina with the arches and wall hangings. The staff are all friendly, smiling whilst working, even the chef had a grin on his face, which if you’ve worked in the industry you’ll know it’s a rare occurrence. And then there’s the food. Probably the best steak I’ve ever eaten, actually, after taking my friends there recently I know for sure it’s the best I’ve had. It falls apart in your mouth, is juicy but tender (and I have mine well done so I was pleasantly surprised at the quality). The hand cut chips were crispy yet fluffy on the inside and I had to keep a napkin under my chip throughout my meal because the corn on the cob was that juicy! Everything was superb. To top it off, it was great value for money; the smallest steak was twice the size of my fist and only €14 with sides between €3-€6. For €25 including a drink I am more than happy to recommend this amazing restaurant and I can safely say it’s my favourite place to eat.

 

 

Travel Answers about Netherlands

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.