Existing Member?

Planes, Trains and Rickety Wheels

Brussels day by day

BELGIUM | Thursday, 13 June 2013 | Views [499]

Arrived at the hostel in Belgium. It's quite nice, dorm of 6 girls and about to go wonder. I'm a little sad because i was getting used to the company and 'correcting' sentences when he didn't know the word. Brazil is pretty far away but it was nice to have met him!

After a wonder i find myself in a waffle house, not eating waffles. Ended up quite far away with my hostel at the top of the city and me at the bottom. I'm going to have to spread things out here i think, i tried to avoid the center so i could go tomorrow but i couldn't resist following eyesaws.

So i'm half way through my trip and it's going too fast, i wish i had booked more places. I need to stay travelling for longer. Got some tips from a French man when i was walking out of town who told me it wasn't safe to be there so i left.

I'm sat in Raphaels by the Grand Palace after eating a lovely salad. My Chimay is going down well and i am going to head to the Mennekin Pis soon. Saw some mummies at the history museum today and have walked miles. Oh and the Atomium, that was ok (not worth €8 though), turns out this place is more expensive than Geneva.

Who'd have thought Belgium had such a big artistic presence. Every shop front and restaurant is art in itself. I'm sat in a restaurant with my Leffe and i'm sure it must have been a gallery at some point. It's minimalistic and feels a little cold but in an arty way. A desk lamp on my table.

Cannot beleive i only only a few days left. I leave Brussels tomorrow for Amsterdam, which will be amazing no doubt but then home, to the bore that is my life. Back to serving people, aimlessley attending uni and getting very drunk to forget i am still living in the dump they call Britain.

So, instead of complaining i'm going to change it. Apply for every photography and writing job going. Put all my photos on Alamy, keep on BounceSin to publish my articles and of course, decide on my next adventure.

So my last day in Belgium. I've walked to the bad part of Burssles where i spent half an hour walking with every muscle clenched because i was bricking it. I went to a carpark and got the 'money shot' of a storm brewing over the city. And then to the Natural History Museum.

So apart form bars that sound fun and train stations that are nightclubs etc, i think i've seen a fair amount of Brussels, it's definitely an indoor city. Flee market in the morning and then Amsterdam. I hope my dorm is friendly.

Tags: art, brussels, manekin pis

 

 

Travel Answers about Belgium

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.