Existing Member?

Dominican Ears

Beginning another year with jet lag

DOMINICAN REPUBLIC | Monday, 23 January 2006 | Views [410]

Gotta love that can't sleep all night want to sleep all day feeling. I am really strugglig with this this time round. I have returned to the Dominican Republic to begin my year and am finding that being here this time for a whole year is a bit daunting. I am looking forward to it but it is all a bit scary looking at things such as cars and renting apartments. I am at present living in a shared room in a guest house in the hospital grounds.(I arrived here to find I am now sharing a room with Michelle again in the house).Living in the guest house is difficult when I want to get out into the city or when I want to escape work or even when I want to escape people. There are always people in the house.... I ahve had less than 40minutes alone at this stage I reckon.

I am working on a project here to develop and run an audiology clinic and to start a training program through the university here to train audiologists( people who test hearing and fit hearing aids).

All in all I love the weather although this week is like there winter and the temp has dropped to like lower 20's... I am really cold after Australia turning on such a nice summer for me while I was home. BUt then again I could be back in London so I won't complain too much.

It is funny knowing I will be in one place for a while and scary to think of all the things I am supposed to do this year.

Tags: Work

 

 

Travel Answers about Dominican Republic

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.