Existing Member?

Dominican Ears

My car is held together by sticky tape

DOMINICAN REPUBLIC | Tuesday, 23 May 2006 | Views [2117]

So I leave my hosue Saturday for a quick trip to the beach. HMMM that was such a nice theory. We were on our way when the car stalls... unusual... anyway it was overheating... so we ended up stopping as soon as possible in Los Alcarrizos ( not the best place in the world to breakdown) Loss Alcarrizos is a poor barrio of Santo Domingo where even people from Santo Domingo don't like to go. I love it... but then I lived in the hospital here, I have friends here and I work here. It is not always the safest place but most people are really nice.

After stopping I took one look at the engine and immediately saw the problem (being such a great mechanic I knew that looing at it myself I could tell the problem if I just looked at it). Of course being a white woman no matter what I said about the car it wouldn't count. Me even pushing or helping push my car not really acceptable either and men came from all over the street to assist.

I SAW THE PROBLEM REALLY: okay so it was really obvious that green liquid was coming from one of the radiator tubes. Anyway they sticky tpaed that up soon enough and we could continue on our way after getting more water. This is called how to get your car repaired in Los Alcarrizos.  

Tags: On the Road

 

 

Travel Answers about Dominican Republic

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.