Existing Member?

Dominican Ears

London on the way home

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 3 January 2007 | Views [1335]

I FROZE!!!!! Why did the coldest days of this mild winter have to be while I was there for three days.

But i enjoyed the cranberry juice, strawberries, pub meals, wrapping up in a duvet and coats.

Just drying your towels on the heaters and such was fab.

I loved the self serve check out in tesco... I stuffed it up of course.

I loved catching up with all the people I had known there and to chat about where they have been.

Got to speak at a school assembly in a school that had supported my work by having a own clothes day. THey raised 250 pounds in a day. It is just that easy. Thanks to the teachers who did all the organising.

I am always glad to get to meet the people who make my work in DR possible. It was fab to have that chance in London. Speaking of work I dropped in at the clinic I used to work in and got some great help from the people there in terms of information. It is always hard to stay informed so far away.

Also I got to stay with my friend Ness and catch up on her plans to return to see me in DR next year.

We went out and in true London style we met up with various mates and ate various cuisines.... Vietnamese, turkish etc. It was great to eat things I don't get to in DR. But never fear my trusty Spanish was useful when we accidentally gatecrashed a brazilian party at a bar. They speak portugese but the languages are similar and it was great. We also learnt to Samba. Just a normal London night,.

So all in all it was great.

Tags: Friends

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.