Existing Member?

Dominican Ears

David's visit

DOMINICAN REPUBLIC | Wednesday, 15 November 2006 | Views [983]

Okay well David Pither has been here for the last two weeks. He is a whirlwind. BUt on the plus side we got a lot of new equipment and supplies for the clinic. Thank goodness the team here seems to know what was happening and is a little used to his style. he was everywhere.

He built the booth for our new clinic with he guys and a lot of help from our Fijian rugby playing friend who managed to lift one side while three Dominican men lifted the other.

We went to the beaches up NOrth one weekend in the middle. Just a quick drive up and back with time for some relaxing and swimming.

We had a great trip, it was David's first time to see the beach in the carribean after five trips here. I would say he deserved this break.

We swam and relaxed and ate at a restuarant on the beach in cabarete. We took Madison the teenager who is staying with me along. he had never seen this part of the country. He has a great time as well. Taught him to dive in the pool. Yes post surgery I was not demonstrating very much.

Met my first Aussie since being here and he said the same. He is a dive instructor up North only here for 8 months but lives in Spain. Always good to hear the accent.

David brought us equipment that will allow us to test babies and young children a lot easier. (DPOAEs and ABR for those in the know). We are hoping to start this soon. UGGH more training and more services.

Feelign like we are growing and soon will need more space. Still praying for the money for the building. Still hoping to see what will happen in the next year with students for the course.

All in all I am still unsure what is ahead but will keep moving forward and try to remember to recuperate as well.

Found a massage place near home that is cheap may need to check it out.  

Hope you all are on track.

Donna

Tags: Friends

 

 

Travel Answers about Dominican Republic

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.