Existing Member?

Dominican Ears

I just wanted to feed the dog

DOMINICAN REPUBLIC | Friday, 8 September 2006 | Views [5479]

Did you ever see that Brady bunch episode with the really big tarantula. Well think big and hairy spider like that then make it bigger!!!!

I went out to feed the dog and in the laundry passageway was a great big black tarantula....

I was more surprised it had ot past my crazy dog at first than anything else. Then it started to move then I started thinking a lot of thoughts... mostly based on my knowledge and experiences with Aussie type spiders like Huntsmen which jump and such.

I rang a friend and asked if they jump. I had already heard after the snake incident that nothing here can kill. Apparently they can't jump either. Phew.... still couldn't quite figure out if I could live with the knowledge he was there and not knowing if he was stayign put. I now have screens on my windows.... but the installation was not the greatest so who knows.

The passageway is right near my room.

I ended up calling a neighbour who came to my rescue. he caught the spider in a plastic bag and took it away... a long way away....

So the spider lives and I live... but hopefully we will forever live separate lives....

 

Tags: The Great Outdoors

 

 

Travel Answers about Dominican Republic

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.