Existing Member?

Dominican Ears

Hearing aid Projects

DOMINICAN REPUBLIC | Wednesday, 6 September 2006 | Views [808]

Keep waiting

Keep waiting

Last week we had the first two days of hearing aid projects sonsored by Isla. Isla is a petroleum company who spends a lot of money on hearing aids here every year through Starkey Foundation. In order for starkey foundation to fit 1000 kids with hearing aids this comning january we are onducting all the testing and taking the moulds to determine who are candidates for the hearing aids. unfortunately these types of projects have so many variables. The weather, transport, communication, materials, the team the site etc.

Well we were organised we had only two weeks to plan so I think we did very well. Each day something went wrong. But the second day was quite crazy with about 50 extra people registering. Making our day crazy.

I was so proud of our team though holding it all together. While we were tired and cranky we made it and spoke professionally to each client.

I was so pleased that we had this opportunity to really show what we are capable of.

Hope that the next few projects go well as we search for the rest of the thousand people. In time for the four fittings days Starkey is here for. then we will start the followup process.

Hope all is wel with you. I better get back to work ... more to be done.  

Tags: Work

 

 

Travel Answers about Dominican Republic

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.