Existing Member?

look out world here we come Here there everywhere wherever we shall roam you can join us.

MUDGEE

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 10 October 2009 | Views [517]

What a wonderful trip over the Blue Mountains you can see in the photos how they got there name.

Arrived in Mudgee booked into caravan park www.mudgeeriverside.com.au 

We are looking forward to exploring this area with its vineyards and olive groves also it has a big honey industry here.

Caravan park is filling rapidly....NSW school holidays.... although I don't think that's the reason as it seems to be full of those Grey Nomads !!

Today we have visited the site of Henry Lawson's house which surprisingly is only the chimney. The grounds have been made into a picnic area.

We also went and did a olive tasting at www.olivenest.com.au which was interesting swilling olive oil around in your mouth. Ended up purchasing a bottle of Spicy Salad Dressing which has capsicum,onion,garlic,parsley and olive oil and is very pleasant.

We visited www.viniferawines.com.au  which specialises in Spanish grapes. Mainly the Garnacha,Graciano and Tempranillo.

Checked out the Museum , Railway and Town and Mudgee Honey Haven http://www.mudgeehoneyhaven.com.au/

The caravan park emptied out this morning but by the time we got back from a walk along the river it was full again.

We are leaving in the morning and calling in on some friends in Dunedoo then onto ............

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.