Existing Member?

Adventure before dementia

Galicia - Costa de Morte (again!)

SPAIN | Thursday, 15 September 2016 | Views [438] | Comments [3]

Galicia, Costa de Morte (the return)

As we are staying in Northern Spain now we decided to do more exploring of the costa de morte as it is a really lovely stretch of coast. Went back to our harbour stopover and did a great mountain bike route along the cliffs and through the forest. The next day we travelled further north so we could complete the top end of the long distance walk. We walked for 2 hours to a fishing village called Laxe. As soon as we left our beast 2 huge Alsation type dogs befriended us and walked all 8 km with us to Laxe!! We managed to give them the slip when they got distracted with another dog in the village and we ran off!! We saw them a couple of times after that but managed to hide before they saw us. Walked back without seeing them again which was much more pleasant as they were a bit intimidating. For anyone worried about the two lost dogs we did see them back near our beast later on in the evening so they found their way home!!

Bit cooler at the moment and really stormy nights, such heavy rain it is too noisy to sleep.

 

Comments

1

Hola, I didn't see Marks paella until after I sent the text so now I have another reason to lust after your hol. I'm sure there is a local delicacy involving the use of Alsation meat but even if you can't find the recipe I'm sure Mark could whip something edible up. Did you ever sort something out about your gas? Adios Dad XXX

  Dad Sep 15, 2016 9:37 PM

2

P.S. The lightning must have been magnificient in the Beast because it was good here in built up area on Tuesday. Dad XXX

  Dad Sep 15, 2016 9:41 PM

3

There would be no way Mark would tackle the dogs even if he was starving!!! Not possible to sort the main gas supply but we have managed to cook on the single ring stove we bought whilst here so not impacted us too much. We didn't see the lightening as we were in bed but the thunder shook the beast!!

  dawnandmark Sep 20, 2016 1:54 AM

About dawnandmark

Perfect end to a perfect day

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.