Existing Member?

Adventure before dementia

Grampian Hill, Halls Gap

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 10 March 2016 | Views [354] | Comments [2]

Really stunning scenery in the Grampian Hills.  Pitched up on a great site in the forest next to the lake. Loads of kangeroos, wallabys, parrots and emus in this area.  The kangeroos even visit the campsite, as you can see from photo.  Really bad thunderstorm on the first night that brought down a sizeable tree branch right next to our camper, yikes! Up at 5am to check out what had happened after we heard a load cracking sound.

Off walking the following day up the Boronia Peaks over looking the whole area.  Quite a climb but worth it for the spectacular views.  Back to camper after 6 hours walking for a well earned beer! yummy.

Comments

1

Loving reading your blog. Sounds like you're having an amazing time. Glad the tree branch didn't cause any damage to the camper! It's good to see all that cycling and walking is being balanced out by lots of beer :))
Most important question - have you encountered any spiders yet???

  Karen Mar 12, 2016 7:22 AM

2

Hi Karen, We didn't have a mini-bar in the mini-beast until a couple of days ago as we were struggling to find a cheaper source of alcohol. All beer and wine was mega expensive even from the supermarkets. That was until we found the holy land of Aldi were everything is about a third cheaper than we had been paying. We now have plenty of grog and a fully stocked wine cupboard - yeah! So far not really seen any spiders, we checked out what the poisonous ones look like in the natural history museum but as far as I'm concerned everything we see is treated as dangerous!! Hope all good with you Karen and the babies are well.

  dawnandmark Mar 12, 2016 8:29 AM

About dawnandmark

Perfect end to a perfect day

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.