Existing Member?

the trip

Crossing the threshold

CANADA | Thursday, 7 May 2009 | Views [1573] | Comments [3]

Funny when that moment to leave finally arrives, you just go into one and do it and before you know it you're on the plane taking off and you think 'oh yeah, im going to canada'.

The plane was cool, they had these touch screen tele's where you can choose what you want, so watched some curb and that Al Gore film, and good will hunting. The shit thing was that they stuck this old indian ladie on next to me and she couldn't move, this is a 10 1/2 hour flight, so i had to hop over her to go for one all the time, nice food though and endless supply of tea.

Arrived here and went down to the hostel, its pretty cool, people are nice, about 70% Aussie's, where do they come from?

I headed down to Lynn valley yesterday daytime alone to go and see some of this beautiful nature they have, it is simply incredible. I wondered off on a little pathway and was just kicking along when i thought i'd stop and cock a leg, so i went into the trees and was having one when i heard something behind me, I totally forgot they have bears here, and its the first thing that popped into my head, i zipped up and ran for it, ended up following a gay couple around the rest of the day.

Last night was drunken, seems people love my accent, so no complaints here, don't remember all that much, did shots again so that might explain it, im gonna ban shots the rest of the trip. Met some cool people and kicked some arse at table football (im back on it Sofie). 

Today i met up with two sheffield lads and we went on a small trek to Stanley park, all very nice, but i've no idea what i'm up to tonight, nothing i hope.

One of the strangest things for me is the time differance, i cant get my head around it right, sounds stupid i know, but all in all im doing good and enjoying myself. Cant believe where i am.

Comments

1

Hi Davey, sounds so cool. Told you jetlag is a killer. What a fab shot, did you cross the bridge!Wishing I was there.L & ks Cx

  Catherine Moore May 9, 2009 6:47 PM

2

think aussies come from australia mate. glad its all good

love us 3

x

  Sam Richards May 11, 2009 5:19 AM

3

Mentioning "the forest" "cocking a leg" & "following a gay couple" all in the same sentence is potentially very worrying indeed. Queer.

  Stephen Moore May 11, 2009 5:34 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.