Existing Member?

Carry on Trekking

Final Days on the Road

THAILAND | Thursday, 9 April 2009 | Views [486]

Our last week or so in China was really good full of some amazing experiences. Here are a few of the highlights:-

Camel Trekking in Inner Mongolia. It was only a baby desert but picture perfect with yellow sand dunes heading in all directions. Dinner in the desert was a takeaway Chinese (of course) delivered with beers on camel back - a very civilised way to camp.

Climbing the Great Wall. We trekked for 10 kms along the wall and the ridge line it follows. The scenery is stunning with beautiful rolling hills below. We were so lucky that the sun was shining and there were hardly any tourists about. We topped it off by taking a zip wire down to an ice cold beer at the end.

Forbidden City. A huge complex of courtyards, palaces and gardens, once hidden from the masses but now overrun by tourists...

From China, we went to Phuket (via 3 flights in one day and they all connected perfectly thankfully) for a final relax. We had a lovely time basking in the sunshine and swimming whenever it got too hot (very often).

Now, we're sat in Bangkok waiting to go to the airport and start our final flight home. We've had a fantastic time with memories of a lifetime but we promise not to bore anyone with all the tales (unless they ask of course...). It's on to the next adventure now.

Sarah

xxx

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.