Existing Member?

Carry on Trekking

Some Sun..........

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 23 November 2008 | Views [461]

and lots and lots of rain! Whoever said it was always sunny in Oz was lying! We've had some absolutely beautiful weather and really hot days but then there have been some very impressive storms - we had to sprint to get to undercover (a very convenient multistorey) and then just stood and watched as a tornado type thing whipped through with torrential rain and really strong winds.

We're working our way down the East Coast at the moment - our last stop was Hervey Bay where we had a dull and drizzly trip around Fraser Island. We still loved the place and saw and did some fantastic things - we also saw wild dingoes which was really cool. We then hopped on to Brisbane where we visited the Koala sanctuary - incredibly cute. And now we're in Surfers Paradise where we've been inundated by schoolies, this is a very strange thing where all the school finishers have a week where they go on holiday together for a week. So just imagine thousands of 18 year olds running around getting drunk - there's a kind of dull roar about the place!

Next stop Byron Bay to learn to surf!

Sarah

x

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.