Existing Member?

dannygoesdiving This is a blog & photo journal of the trips that I (Danny) and Jo (wifey) have taken over the past few years.

A day trip out on a skiff

TURKS & CAICOS ISLANDS | Monday, 9 July 2007 | Views [576]

Eric, Liz and Jo

Eric, Liz and Jo

Once we had selected our mighty vessel and tested her for seaworthiness, we set sail on a day of adventure - myself, Jo, Eric & Liz - to travel to destinations unknown - well an hour or so along the coast.

We went past Little Water Cay (Iguana island), past Pine Cay and onto Fort George Cay.  The Cay got its name going back to the loyalist plantation days when there was a fort and cannons here to protect the plantations.  We moored up and snorkelled, looking for the cannons left over from that era.  We soon discovered them in a few feet of water.  After a few provisions, we headed back to Pine Cay where we moored up and snorkelled around a wreck, laying in about 10 feet of water.  A stroll along the beach, sunbathing and general relaxing followed, before we headed back home.  A great day out - thanks for the idea Eric.

Tags: Sightseeing

 

About dannygoesdiving


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Turks & Caicos Islands

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.