Existing Member?

dannygoesdiving This is a blog & photo journal of the trips that I (Danny) and Jo (wifey) have taken over the past few years.

Live the dream

TURKS & CAICOS ISLANDS | Monday, 28 July 2008 | Views [633]

Deb directing the crew - work harder Jo !

Deb directing the crew - work harder Jo !

Everyone has a dream, however, some dreams are easier to follow than others. I thought that ours was ambitious, however, once I met and became friends with Deb, one of the instructors at Dive Provo, I decided that ours paled into insignificance.  Deb has done the same as us - left a good job, sold up, left behind family & friends, and persued the life as a dive instructor.  This however is just a stop gap !  Debs true dream is to spend 2 years sailing around the world and this dream is set to become reality in July 2009.  I cannot even begin to describe the planning that has gone into this, or the planning and preperation that still needs undertaking.  She bought her boat 'Scot-Free' and sailed her from Florida to the Turks & Caicos, this is no feat in itself, but it is the tip of the iceberg in comparison to whats she plans.

The vessel is beautiful, sleek and elegant, whilst fully equipted to undertake her planned voyage and is definately Debs pride and joy.

Jo and I have already had the pleasure of seeing her and had been invited to go out on her for a day - now how could we turn down such an opportunity.

I have never been on a sailing boat before and what struck me most was the tranquility and the feeling of peace being out on the open sea - now I know its a different story when at the mercy of the weather, but I am sure that the feeling I had was what draws people to sail.

Whilst we only sailed up and down Grace Bay, it was a great day and also a great experience, helping to raise and lower both the genoa and main sail, getting a quick go behind the wheel, but mainly having the opportunity to relax with one of our new friends and get a small insite into understanding why she wants to follow this particular dream.

We hope to go out again at a later date this year.  Next time though we plan to head to West Caicos, stay overnight on the boat and head back the following day - this could very easily become addictive !

About dannygoesdiving


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Turks & Caicos Islands

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.