Existing Member?

dannygoesdiving This is a blog & photo journal of the trips that I (Danny) and Jo (wifey) have taken over the past few years.

Vegas (again) - Resistance is futile

USA | Tuesday, 2 October 2007 | Views [529] | Comments [1]

This photo needs no explaination

This photo needs no explaination

After landing and checking in, we went for a ‘quick’ margarita, several drinks later it was 3am and we were in McDonalds !  After a lengthy snooze, the following afternoon started with a visit to the ‘Star Trek Experience’ at the Hilton (Kes I can see you have your head in your hands).  It is the largest Star Trek museum in the world (stop crying Kes), as well as having an authentic ‘Quark’ bar and restaurant, various ‘characters’ walking around (Klingons etc) and two 4D ‘experiences’/simulators.  Having survived assimilation by the Borg, and being blasted out of the sky by the Klingons, we jumped on the monorail and headed down the strip.  We visited the Lions at MGM, before heading to ‘Hooters’ to see the young ladies in their attractive orange shorts and yellow tops.  Needing a sit down after that, we headed to ‘Coyote Ugly’ bar.  This didn’t help as the all female bar staff kept jumping up on the bar and dancing !  A quick (very slow) escape and Jo chose to head to M&M world (!), 5 floors dedicated to M&M’s (which I don’t understand), where she hugged (and would not let go of) a giant blue M&M.  We continued up/down the strip, watched the fountains at the Bellagio (again), before heading to Caesars to the ‘Pussycat Dolls lounge’, huge queues prevented us getting in (damn), but still saw more young ladies dancing in cages in the ‘Dolls Casino’. Finally we revisited ‘Margaritaville’ and watched a live band, before catching the monorail back to the hotel.  All in all an action (and alcohol) packed day.

Tags: Sightseeing

 

Comments

1

Star TreK? For the love of God,why?!?!?!

Tell me more about Hooters....

  Kes Oct 20, 2007 6:49 PM

About dannygoesdiving


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.