Existing Member?

Roon the Globe Nadia's trip around the world in 365 days :)

"So where are you going?"

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 28 August 2010 | Views [556] | Comments [1]

..is the question i have been asked the most over the last few months, so i thought it would be a good place to start my blog. I have created a wee map but here are the actual dates when i'll be around certain places. It's a bit broad at the moment as i haven't planned a day to day itinerary of where i'll be in each country - it makes things more exciting when i don't know what i'll be getting up to do each day!

So here we go:

1st September: Fly Glasgow - London - Bangkok

2nd September: Bangkok for 3 nights

5th September: plan on taking a night train to Chiang Mai (North Thailand). Not sure how long i'll stay here yet.

Back to Bangkok then fly to Phnom Penh in Cambodia. Plan on seeing a bit of the city then taking a bus to Siam Reap which is the location of Angkor Wat (a temple which takes days to get around).

Back to Bangkok then head down to the islands of Thailand. I think i'll be visiting the East coast islands of Koh Tao & Koh Phangan so i might hit the Full Moon Party on 23rd Sept but not rushing to do this!

It's apparently monsoon season in the West coast but i would love to see Koh Phi Phi (which was destroyed by the Tsunami in 2004) so will play it by ear on whether the weather is good enough to visit there and Krabi.

Going to take a train down across the border into Malaysia and make my way to Kuala Lumpur for a couple of days. Plan is then to fly over to East coast of the country to visit the Perhentian Islands which have some of the most beautiful beaches in the world so loads of snorkelling and apparently turtles nesting there!

From there i can take a train all the way down to Singapore, not sure what else is to be seen in between but i'm sure there will be another couple of stops.

I'm spending 3 nights in Singapore before flying over to Cairns. To be honest the only thing i know is amazing there is the Zoo. Apparently the night zoo is the best but i don't know if i'll have the balls for that, don't fancy spiders landing on my head in the pitch black but i might be a bit braver when i get there!

Next stop is Cairns, planning on staying around a week and then going out to the Great Barrier Reef for a few days to scuba dive or snorkel (running theme of me being a total shit bag so i don't know if i'm brave enough to dive more than 2 metres under without freaking out but let's see!!)

From there going to either take a bus (or a campervan if i find some friends) down the East coast, over about 4-6 weeks before hitting Sydney.

I'm spending Christmas and New Year in Sydney so hopefully will reach there around early December and i can start looking for a job (if i decide i want to stay there rather than keep heading down to Melbourne).

I'd like to go over to Perth at some point so will see if i can get a cheap flight and stay there for a couple weeks.

In around May time, i'll have hopefully saved up enough money for the next leg of the trip. 2 months in New Zealand - where it will be Winter and cold. I'm landing in Christchurch (South Island) and heading up by bus to Auckland (North Island) where i'll be flying out of. To be honest i havent read much on New Zealand yet, all i know is it's adventure sport central! Can't visualise myself jumping out of a plane but it's going to be ski season so definitely going to try and do some (since i managed to stay standing on my trip to Glen Coe earlier this year!)

After that i'm flying to Fiji for some heat after the NZ winter weather, and some beach bumming again! I'm spending about 2.5 weeks here so it'll mainly be taken up by snorkelling, boat trips, sunbathing and eating i imagine. It's probably going to be the last time i'll get to relax before coming home so going to make the most of it.

Next stop is a 9 hour flight to LA. I've always wanted to visit this side of America and visualised myself spending it like they do in the Hills. But in reality i'll be a skanky backpacker at the end of my trip with about $25 to my name so doubt i'll be partying it up drinking champagne in Beverley Hills! However i am still very excited about it since my pals will be meeting me there for the final 3 weeks and we're going to do a road trip to Las Vegas and San Francisco woop woop!

Then it's back to life, back to reality!

 

Comments

1

Best of luck Nadz, have a brilliant time & stay safe.......look forward to reading about your exploits........don't get lost in Heathrow........x

  Glovie Sep 1, 2010 6:33 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.