Existing Member?

As the Ball Rolls Roaming to Free my Spirit

Rio Dulce and Good-by to Guate

GUATEMALA | Saturday, 25 April 2015 | Views [655]

Finca Paraiso..a hot water fall

Finca Paraiso..a hot water fall

For the first time ever i cut a vacation short due to the Heat and humidity and came back to my home away from home in Antigua.  Having been Antigua so long it does feel like home.  I know where everything is, I have friends to meet for coffee and dinner, and wine.  The temperature  is in 70s. The wifi garden at Olga's felt like heaven.  I use to think it was hot during the day.  Amazing how our experiences change our perceptions. 

Eventhough the heat in Rio Dulce was awful, I had a wonderful time at the Kangaroo hotel in the mangroves  in the middle of the River. The hotel  is on stilts with water all around us. The best part was the cool ride on the lancha to get there. There I met two really nice canadian travelers, Walt and Troy and we went swimming at Finca Paraiso and Boqueron. Check out the pictures. First time I have ever been at a hot water waterfall. I mean really hot water.   I really appreciated their company and patience as I navigated the rocks.  

Unfortunately to get there we had to ride on few collectivos. We had a few great laughs before we melted inside the moving tin box.  And even when you get off the collectivo there is no AC anywhere. You are wet and sticky all the time. Your only relief is a Gallo Beer! 

i have been spending the last few days enjoying Antigua with Cathi (from Australia) who came back to Antigua to cool off.  This amazing young woman has been volunteering in a home for kids for the past six weeks in the hot jungle.  When she got there she barely spoke Spanish.  Her stories of sweltering heat, bugs bites, scorpions, no power and rice and beans every day had me laughing for days.  But after every story she tells you how much she loves the kids and  how the other volunteers are truly special.  I met a few of her friends who are here cooling off in Antigua too and they are truly lovely young women.  We had so much fun going out in Antigua..great food, music, the rum bar, the hooka bar, el Cerro , the circus  and then  we took a road trip  on the Chicken Bus to visit Vilma and her kids so I could say goodby. They were so happy to meet one of my friends. 

Saying goodbye is never easy. I will return here.  I am so sorry this trip is over.  Everyday has been so special , so  full of love  and  with so many opportunities to expand my mind and free my spirit.  So many new great people in my life!  

For all you travelers, I only hope we meet again soon and remember you have a home in Cocoa Beach, Florida.  I am so excited that my first foreign visitors will  arrive on May 1st. 

I am leaving for my mom's house in Miami tomorrow and to Cocoa Beach on April 29.  For my Boston friends I will be in Boston from May 28 thru June 10. 

So glad you came along. 

 

 

 

 

Travel Answers about Guatemala

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.