Existing Member?

This is what memories are made of

more trekking

NEPAL | Tuesday, 22 January 2008 | Views [364] | Comments [2]

okay I'll try to write but it may fail before I finish! Ummm okay so we got down Poon HIll and then had to head off again. Soon after we began we encountered the snow...this time it was everywhere....it was like a winter wonderland. I enjoyed the crunch as we made our way through the valleys and mountains but soon discovered that my feet apparel as just not suited to snow. I slipped and slidded everywhere. Actually it got quite scary for a while. I didn't know if I could make it....Nema had to hold me up some of the way...at one time I just slid down the hill on my feet like I was skiing! Nealry fell off the side of the cliff but thank God I did not. So exciting but scary.... ANyway it was an awesome but scary day. DAY FOUR Thank goodness it was much less adventurous and no snow. I woke and looked out my window in the morning and saw this beautiful sunrise over the Himalayas with pinks and yellow and blue...truely amazing! The snow topped mountains shon with a golden halo. IT was a fairly easy day which was lovely, as yesterday pretty much did us in! DAY FIVE (TODAY) we took it easy today and just enjoyed GOd's creation. Walked through forestry and saw amazing waterfalls. Back in Pokhara and the power is only holding on by7 a generater and will stop soon so I'd better go! I loved trekking and feel inspired by the utter bueaty that is in the world.

Tags: Sightseeing

Comments

1

Oh wow this trip sounds amazing but exhausting! You have no idea how glad I am that neither of you slipped and fell off!

I really hope the rest of the trip wis good, not much left now but I'm sure it'll be fun!

Love you lots and lots and lots times infinity amen :)

  chook Jan 22, 2008 11:46 PM

2

I obviously wasn't the first after all! Trust Katie! Relieved to hear that you survived the snow encounter. Maybe that is why I have felt to pray for your safety so much lately and for the angels to surround you both, eh?
Lots of love

  Dawn Jan 23, 2008 2:06 PM

About cookie


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.