Existing Member?

This is what memories are made of

Toilets

NEPAL | Sunday, 27 January 2008 | Views [447] | Comments [3]

Through my travels I have seen many toilets and I would like to note some of my thoughts. These are my observations...

The world is made up of many people, many adventures and many Toilets:

They come in many different forms...

Natural (in the forest, behind some trees with shephards, cows and goats near by)

Concrete holes in the floor in the corner of a small smelly room.

Overflowing, clocked ceramic squat toilets with teh most fowlest smell imaginable

Flushing squat toilets

Squat toilets with buckets of water for flushing

Some with water for washign (this is the reason for only using the right hand for giving and receiving)

Nearly always a bucket nearby for used toilet paper...YUCK!

Squats in a wooden planked outhouse, near the kitchen (always near the kitchen!) with one plank missing...in the most undesirable place

Cold squats...so much so that your pee steams!

Western toilets with no seats

Western toilets with shoe marks on the seat (someone who expected a squat toilet i suppose?!)

Western toilets with a squirter and no toilet paper... be careful they can be dangerous!

Toilets in with the showers...with no dividers...always wet!

Take note....

Hike up pants before entering a squatter, don't forget paper (plastic bags are not a good substitute!), always carry antiseptic hand whipes...

It's always a lovely surprise to discover a white clean western toilet....but it does lack a certain amount of adventure doesn't it. :)

Tags: Misadventures

Comments

1

You must be near the end of your trip as you are becoming reflective, I reckon. Rather interesting but it all motivates me to remind Katie to clean yours before you get home!!!!! Hey I did beat her this time!!!!
Shall we put a vase of frangipani in the loo room to greet you?
Love ya, Mum

  Dawn Jan 27, 2008 10:05 PM

2

Haha. Definitely would love a frangipani. There are a heap here in Bangkok but i don't quite enjoy them as much as their smell is defected by the pollution! Well done of beating KT baby :) You're becoming a real computer wizz!

  cookie Jan 28, 2008 12:50 AM

3

BAHA! hilarious and very disgusting!! makes me glad for the good ol porcelain in our bathroom... even if it needs a wash... at least there's no footprints on the seat :)

Even though you'll be home in less than 2 days (OH MY GOODNESS) i check my emails as regularly as i did when paul was writimg :)Do you feel privaliged?? I THINK SO! :)


LOVE YOU SOSOSOSOOSOSOSOOS MUCH xoxo

  chook Jan 28, 2008 12:52 AM

About cookie


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.