Existing Member?

This is what memories are made of

A few things I forgot

VIETNAM | Monday, 10 December 2007 | Views [682] | Comments [3]

HOw could I ever forget to tell you about your motorbike trip and our mud spa you ask? Well...I really don't know.

Firstly Dalat: On our last day in Dalat we had two funny older Vietnamese men take us out for a tour, on what they call "easy rider". One spoke a little english and the other only a warm smile on his face. So lovely. They took us up through the hills and we both felt really safe and comfortable...well we were by the end of our trip. At the start we were clutching their shoulders and Whong laughed at my cold hands! Next they asked if we were married and then we started to get slightly worried. But they were fine..just making conversation. It was so refreshing to drive up through the hills and enjoy the awesomeness of God's creation. So glorious! We visited a coffee bean farm (which was really just walking on to someone's property and telling us about how coffee comes to be in our cups) and then the rice wine makers. The best bit was going to the Elephant waterfall. We had to walk through the forest and over big rocks and finally came to the bottom where we were just sprayed with vapour. Magnificant. Risk assessments would probably stop soemthing like this in Australia...but here we pay 50c! There was a small shop at the waterfall (up the top, not at the bottom getting wet :) where the "minority community" sell their wares. From what I understand it's a community that looks after it's self. We were glad to buy a few bits and pieces.

Now my other exciting adventure...the mud spa! Yum yum. We got into Nha Trang at about 1pm and saw that there was a spring spa for like $5. We got to spend the afternoon soaking in mud (glorious mud, nothing quite like it for sothing the blood) then rinsing off with some Adelaidian crows supporters (we ditched them quick smart :) and then a high pressure shower that comes out horizontal from two sides. ticklish. Finally a 45minute soak in the mineral spring spa until we turned into prunes. Ever so relaxing.

What fun adventures can be, big and small.  

Tags: Relaxation

Comments

1

Now this sounds more like true holidaying. Enjoy!

  dawn Dec 11, 2007 2:10 PM

2

oh my gosh...what's that I see taht is green...why it's me in the mirror green with envy!!! SO MUCH FUN!! Glad you're relaxed about it all :)

  katie baby Dec 12, 2007 2:35 PM

3

Mud mud, glorious mud. Nothing quite like it for cooling the blood...

  Claire Dec 13, 2007 9:10 PM

About cookie


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.