Existing Member?

This is what memories are made of

trekking

NEPAL | Tuesday, 22 January 2008 | Views [486] | Comments [1]

So we just finished our 5 day trek in the Himalayas. We got back and I had a beautiful woman, now feeling like a woman again, instead of a stinky bushman. So basically it was an awesome adventure...straining on the body but feel like I've shed some of my massive amounts of holiday blubber. The first day was tiring but fairly easy. Just a few steps here and there but mostly just enjoying the beauty of God's creation. Just as we finished on the first day it started to rain...fantastic and really glad I invested in a poncho...Coby was sad she didn't! Nema (our guide) pointed out snow on some peeks but said we wouldn't be making it there...false hope! But awesome view. So we ended up having an early night and snuggling into bed by 8.30pm due to pure exhaustion and not wanting to stay in the cold any longer. DAY TWO We left our guesthouse early, at like 8.30am, and headed out all rugged up with scarves and beanies...as it was about 0 degrees! We were told by others that the second day is the hardest but man was it hard. The steps just kept going up and up and up. THere were some rain foresty places and with some waterfalls to enjoy but mostly we just concentrated on not dieing! After a lovely little lunch we got going with some renewed vigor and came upon some snow! It was just icey yucky stuff at the beginning but then started to develop into soft snow on the side of the path. Coby and I had a ball jumping around and throwing snow balls at everyone. Everyone else in the group lives in either Melbourne or Sydney and were nto too excited by the white stuff like CObes and I! After more and more steps we finally made it to Ghorepani and enjoyed relaxing in front of the fire, had a warm shower and fell into bed. DAY THREE It was really really early today. We had to get up at 5am so that we could climb Poon Hill and enjoy the sunrise. Poon Hill is 3200m high! We were packing it in half way...breathing so heavy due to the pure freezingness of the air and the fact that it was pitch black and we could only see 5cm in front of us. But we struggled on...I slipped on the icey steps now and again (my shoes had no grip at all!)but we made it to the top. IT was soooo cold. Waiting for the sun to come was torture but when it did it was truely amazing! We took so many photo's of snow topped mountains! ohh dear the power is about to go out! I'll finish here and write more soon.

Tags: Snow

Comments

1

Hey, I'm the first to view your entry. So glad to read of your adventures and your safety. Sounds like this is a good time of the journey to do the trek, to assist in the toning up!!
Sounds an incredible experience.
Love ya

  Dawn Jan 23, 2008 2:01 PM

About cookie


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.