Existing Member?

Our Travels- World tour A Little trip around the world !! yes it really is happening

The story so far

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 15 December 2008 | Views [382]

Hi everyone


We have made it as far as the Whitsundays so far in our little campervan  , just got here , not sure what we are going to do here yet but it's near the barrier reef so could be going on a boat or fly out to one of the islands and do some snorkeling , Having a great time the heat is getting to us a little, We were in Emerald yesterday hunting for Sapphires ,We only found a few ( 11) and that was with the help of our guide and the day before that we were at Mount Morgan where there was a gold mine the the previous day we went to Australia Zoo where we walked among the Kangaroos , saw the Crocodiles and was a great day out.

Australia is an amazing place but so big !! We travelled from near Emerald to the coast near the Whitsundays and it took about 7 hours and a tank of fuel  !! and it was only a half inch on the map !!!

We have just got back from an all day boat trip around the whitsundays islands where we had a BBQ and went snorkling for the first time over the Barrier Reef --- AMAZING - so many fish so many colours........    

Anyway got to go the sun is shinning (about 30 degress here), the water is warm and the beer is ice cold -----

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.