Existing Member?

Europe2015

Florence Tuesday September 29

ITALY | Tuesday, 29 September 2015 | Views [277]

Trip advisor has a lot to answer for. Can't even get a sandwich!

Trip advisor has a lot to answer for. Can't even get a sandwich!

Scott was no better today so was time to see a doctor. After a referral for X rays, we then had to wait for results.

Boarded the hop on - hop off bus again and were intending on going to lunch at a place recommended by Dan. Well, that was the idea,  we just couldn't get near the place. There were queues out the door a mile long. Apparently they make the best specialty sandwiches ever. They are on trip advisor and half of Florence must have read the reviews! 

After lunch we collected the X rays and went back to the doctor. Nothing broken, but arthritis in 4 toes. Perhaps all those steps had taken a toll, but he would just have to deal with it. Went and saw a Leonardo da Vinci exhibition. It detailed the genius that he was providing static and sensory displays of his various works and philosophies. Col found it amazing, what someone could achieve in a lifetime. Scott learned something, he didn't know da Vinci was responsible for so much - painting, engineering, military strategist, philosopher, astronomer and biologist (and that's just what we could remember). It was interesting that he felt he had 'offended God and mankind because his work didn't reach the quality it should have.'

About colandscott


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.