Existing Member?

Europe2015

Florence Monday September 28

ITALY | Monday, 28 September 2015 | Views [273]

The Duomo - Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore

The Duomo - Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore

Hit a pretty major speed hump today, Scott woke up in intense pain from his left foot and couldn't put any weight on it. He wasn't going anywhere. Col played nurse for a bit but we were in Florence. She ventured out and took in the Ponte Vecchio, Palazio Vecchio and the Duomo among others. The cathedral is the third largest in the world. Her impression of Florence was amazing with so much history. 

Col convinced Scott to venture out and we hobbled to the hop on - hop off bus. The tour took 2 hours and took us out of the city. We stopped off at Fiesole, which sits so much higher than Florence and afforded majestic views of the surrounding countryside. We we both struck with the beauty of the area and can understand why so many people are attracted to it. Lush and green, with trees and shrubs abounding. It was actually quite cold sitting in the open bus, so were pleased when the tour finished. We think on another day we probably couldn't have got enough. 

About colandscott


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.