Existing Member?

Round the World in 301 Days As long as we can just keep putting one foot in front of the other, well make it.

In In Donesia

INDONESIA | Friday, 18 April 2008 | Views [2968] | Comments [5]

Having opted to book our accomodation online while in Thailand we avoided the hassle of finding a decent place to stay when we arrived here in Bali, and our hotel came with the added bonus of an airport transfer to make things even easier.  A great place with a big pool, all the trimmings and a previously avoided luxury ; Air Con...  This is the high life.  

On our first day i enjoyed an hour long massage by the pool, courtesy of the ugliest massuse in the business.  She could, however, crush a walnut in those tiny fists of hers and it was a brilliant massage as a result.  While i was being pampered Jo got to talking to some of the other people by the pool and we were swept into a group of people going surfing, one of whom was an isntructor who was going to teach us all for free!  Great fun it was too, with major bruising to most of my body, two shoulders that felt like theyd been pulled out of their sockets from all that paddling and enough water in my lungs to drown a hippopotamus.  That said, were planning to do it again, but having gotten the hang of it after this first experience i feel there will be less punishment second time around. The guys we met during this experience have become travelling companions for Jo and i and we are now a group of 8.  They are 6 students studying in Sydney, 4 of whom are American and far more pleasant than i knew Americans were possible of being. 

Weve come to the Gili Islands, a small island chain off Bali, to dive, drink and lounge around watching movies at outdoor cinemas.  The 6 newcomers are very taken with the place and were all going to stay here together until the 23rd when Jo and i must fly back to Bangkok to fly to Australia.  A farce considering Australia is a stones throw from Bali. 

Weve been diving again, seen dozens of turtles and other assorted marinelife, and tomorrow i intend to dive a sunken Japanese ship from WW2.  There are plenty of snaps on their way but the internet here is painfully slow and i havent the patience or the money to persevere with picture loading until i return to Bali. 

Indonesia is the best country yet.  I love it here.

I love to read everyones comments on here, its a great way to stay on top of things back in the real world.  Keep up the good work all of you.

Thank you. 

Comments

1

Sounds like you should have had another massage after the surfing although if she accessed your web page she might squeeze a little too hard. Surfing, diving - a native Australian before you even get there. Missing you both - probably would miss you both less if it was me on the beach in Indonesia and you two in Aberlour!
Hugs, Mum xx

  Mum Apr 18, 2008 10:07 PM

2

hi chris,

Your blogs are very interesting and well written so keep them up its nice to her about your holidays. Updates with sam.
Life:sucks
girls:dont exist
status:borderline suicidal.

I jest of course because im a positive person. Almost finished uni now, handed in final honours prject and now only two exams to go. 2nd May and im free. Trying to get a job in anything right now but not going well. No real girls on the go but hopefully something will happen when i have some money to go out. That is pretty much everything with me.

Sam.

  samborambomambojambogambo Apr 21, 2008 5:33 AM

3

Yo!-- just got round to reading. I'm crap at keeping up to date. Good to hear about the diving being good. I was worried your ear was going to give you problems, but it's good to hear all is well!

Not much changes here really. We're all Jealous and you know it!

  Jamie Apr 22, 2008 4:03 AM

4

Sounds rubbish. You should be here with cups of instant coffee and petrol shortages, you're really missing it all.

  alorraine Apr 25, 2008 11:16 PM

5

I very much enjoyed my brief stay in Gili Trawangan in February 2005. I feel that I should make the observation that, at the time of my visit, the Gili Islands were located off Lombok rather than Bali.

  P.Bear Sep 17, 2011 12:26 AM

About cjmurdoch


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.