Existing Member?

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles: one girl's quest to see the world

It's summer in Berlin

GERMANY | Saturday, 14 July 2007 | Views [329]

Well the sun is out and it is hot! Today is the first day it hasn't rained since I came to Europe, but I think it would have been a nice relief from the heat as it was close to 90 degrees today. Despite all of attempts at sunscreen I have a lovely burn in some of the oddest parts of my body (calves, elbows, back of neck). We'll see how the backpack feels when I have to lug it on said sunburn on Monday.

Took a bike tour this morning through the major parts of East Berlin. While I like Berlin the best of all of the cities I've seen on this trip, the best bike tour still belongs to Munich. My Berlin guide was just trying too hard to be funny. Still, it was a beautiful day and we covered a lot of ground.

Wandered around this afternoon until I was so tired from the heat that I returned to my hostel for a nap. Now I'm awake and trying to decide what to do with my evening. I'm trying desperately not to get out more money until Switzerland since I'll lose so much in the conversion between Euros and Swiss Francs, but I may just have to suck it up. There are Russian boys on the computer next to me reading something out loud (in Russian) and it's not only annoying but making it hard to think. *Sigh*

Tomorrow is supposed to be another sunny and hot day so I may hang out in the park in the morning (until it gets too much to bear) and then hit up some of the many museums. Okay, the Russian is just too much. I have to get out of here before I snap at them!

Tags: berlin, germany, wandering

 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.