Existing Member?

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles: one girl's quest to see the world

Munich is awesome!

GERMANY | Friday, 6 July 2007 | Views [639]

So I am off on my backpacking leg and already I am infinitely happier than I was at the dig. I am in Munich and have checked into my super cool hostel and have planned out the next three days. Going on a bike tour of the city tonight then back to the hostel for Friday night Happy Hour! Tomorrow I'm off to Dachau in the morning and then the English Garden in the afternoon (Munich's Central Park) and hopefully a concert featuring Dvorak and Strauss. Then Sunday is a free walking tour in the morning and the Bavarian Museum in the afternoon. Sunday night I'm on an overnight train to Amsterdam!

As you can probably tell... I am having a great time here. I may lose 10 pounds because I can't really afford to eat now that I am paying for two weeks of hostels instead of only one but whatever. The hostels all have free breakfasts so I will eat a lot of toast and coffee and just keep drinking water throughout the day. The Backpacker's Diet. It's got a ring to it. :-)

Hope everyone is well. Send the sunshine to Germany will you? It's stopped raining but still rather cold and overcast. Ah well, off to go biking anyway!

Tags: being spontaneous, germany, munich

 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.