Existing Member?

2011 The Nightingale's Oddessy Our exchange year in Canada.

Canada's Wonderland

CANADA | Friday, 17 June 2011 | Views [279]

Monday 13th July Canada’s Wonderland

Monday  was a pupil free day for Michelle to allow her time to do reports, so we decided last week that if she got time over the weekend and Monday morning we would treat the kids to a surprise and take them to Canada’s Wonderland, we also justified this because we had promised it to them a long time ago and are rapidly running out of time, also being a weekday the lines aren’t as long. Apparently on weekends you can stand in line up to two hours just to go on the most popular rides. It also helps Mum can get cheap tickets through school.

Anyway the kids were told to meet Mum at the office after lunch because they were getting to spend the afternoon with her, when we broke the news, both were ecstatic and acted as though they had been on red cordial for a year.

For those back home just imagine all the Gold Coast theme parks combined into one and you get some idea about the size of the place. It is home to the Behemoth the largest roller coaster in Canada and the Mighty Canadian minebuster, the largest and longest wooden rollercoaster in Canada.

After entering a quick trip to the candy store was in order, to get something that might hopefully stay down. We then started with leisurely trip on the Thunder Run, a family friendly rollercoaster that let us get psyched for things to come. Natasha then wanted to go on the Spinovator, a ride guaranteed to make you dizzy. Because Chelle and I try and avoid those ones Tash dragged her brother on, he wasn’t happy about it but came off with a huge smile on his face.

After that ride it was time to up the ante and we went on the Dragon Fire and after that we couldn’t keep them both off the rides. In the 6 hours we were there Ryan and Tash tried out most of the rides including the Behemoth, I wussed out on this one as the Canadian Minebuster jarred my neck (that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it) so Chelle had to be the bunny.She claims she shut her eyes as they reached the top and didn’t open them again until it stopped, The kids loved it and where ready to go again. Between Chelle and I we went on most of the same rollercoasters as the kids, not sure if this was to prove to ourselves we are still young at heart. The heart may like it but the stomach thought differently.

The great thing was that Ryan is now old enough and confidant enough to go on all the rides on his own and that is exactly what he did, he blew both his mother and I away with what he tried. Chelle was having kittens watching Ryan go on the Wind seeker and the Sledge Hammer.  Tash was much the same though she couldn’t go on her own she was fine going with Ryan, both of them doing the Vortex more than once.

The weather was cool and overcast which made for a better day as we weren’t standing out in the sun, by about 20:00 the park was starting to empty, so no lines and Ryan was racing from one ride to another just trying to fit in one last go.

So once again another long and late day, just trying to fit it all in.

About cheken


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.