Existing Member?

Travels

Day 25 (7-29): Argentina Jujuy - Tilcara - Salta

ARGENTINA | Thursday, 29 July 2010 | Views [302]

- Woke up at 8 am as usual and started my hike to the waterfall 'Garganta del diablo' at 8:30 am. The scenery along the way is spectacular. I guess it was a relatively remote path and it was still early, I saw very few people once I left downtown. (I met two locals with their mules walking up the path, and that was it). Once I reached the signpost/entrance to the falls, I saw more people. Now I realized that most people drove up to the entrance (It's 8km from Tilcara by the main road via car, and 4 km by hiking) and I felt pretty good doing the hiking. The stairs down the river was fairly steep and I did most of the walk with two nice ladies. I later came to realize that they were 56 and 69 respectively, so really impressed by their health and accomplishment. Both are from Bueno Aires, and Catherine gave me her email address to meet up when I arrive later in the month. Back to the falls - the fall was a bit of a let-down, but well I knew it wasn´t Iguza.

- Caught a 12:30 pm bus back to Jujuy and bought a 6:30 pm ticket to Salta. Got humitas for lunch at Chung King and walked around the city before I headed to Salta.

- Checked into Exxes Hostel at Salta at around 9 pm. Liti and her friend at my room were ready to party the night out, but the only thing I had in mind was food. Really to hit the bed right after my hamburger meal.

About cee_402


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.