Existing Member?

Travels

Day 8 (28/12): Cienfuegos

CUBA | Thursday, 29 December 2016 | Views [316]

 

  • Had Breakfast at Hostal. A nice big breakfast with eggs, fruit plate, pancakes.
  • Hostel helped arrange a taxi at 8:30 am to take us to El Nicho, where there's waterfall (2 hrs, 10:30 - 12:30 pm). Rita thought the water would be muy frio and didn't bring along any swim wear. I ended up swimming for about half an hour.
  • After that, taxi took us to Cementario Tomas Acea. The entance is a replica of the Parthenon in Athens. Here, the cemetery feels very peaceful and is set out like a garden with paths and fruit trees.
  • After that, did a City Walk, and walked to Cementario de Reina (quite small) and the Bayshore.
  • Had Dinner at Palacio de Valle Restaurant (Butter Lobster, Paella Mixed Seafood Rice)
  • Back at the hostal, when the lady at hostal heard that we are heading to Vinales tomorrow without any advanced arrangement, she was more nervous than us. She is super concerned that we have no place to stay (which Rita and I are fine with ^_^). She pulled out her telephone book and stayed up late to call the casas one by one for us. super sweet. Finally she secured a taxi to Vinales and a case for us.
  • Originally we planned to take the ferry to the other side, but decided to scrap the plan and leave for Vinales early in the morning.

About cee_402


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cuba

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.