Existing Member?

Travels

Day 1-3 (21-23/12): HK --> Santa Clara

CUBA | Sunday, 25 December 2016 | Views [317]

 

  • Day 1: HK --> Vancouver (layover 7 hrs);
  • Original plan was to head to Remedios immediately from Santa Clara in time for the festival of Las Parrandas (for xmas eve and xmas). However, learnt from the travel agent that the Las Parrandas was downscaled and postponed to Jan 2017 due to the recent passing of Castro. Thus after texting with Rita, decided to skip Remedios (a small town) and start the trip at Santa Clara instead.
  • Day 2: Vancouver --> Toronto (layover 9 hrs);
  • Emailed the casas I contacted earlier, and most of them are full. Fortunately, one casa (Luca of) Hostal Colibri Azul offered to send a taxi to pick me up at the airport, and help me locate an available casa (Hostal Panorama) around its corner. At that point, I am ready to take anything.
  • Sent Hostal Panorama address to Rita, and meet up is at 2 pm at the hostal.
  • Day 3: Additional delay in departure from Toronto Airport. Departs Toronto Airport at 6 pm. Arrives Santa Clara Airport at around 10 pm. The taxi pickup at the airport was a godsend!
  • Change 200 Euro at Airport. (Needs passport for cambio)
  • Taxi to Hostel; 20 CUC
  • Hostel Panorama; 30 CUC
  • Arrived at Hostel 10:30 pm
  • Headed to bed right away

About cee_402


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cuba

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.