Existing Member?

The Big O.E An epic adventure across the world, backpacker style :)

Tailor Made

VIETNAM | Friday, 1 June 2007 | Views [1337]

A Hoi An addict!

A Hoi An addict!

This is me with the clothes we got made in Hoi An. I would like to point out that they're not all for me, but also for my mum and dad and sister and husband. So it's not really as bad as it looks :)

After the stress of choosing a great tailor with great prices, I had a wonderful time in this beautiful city - the French colonial influence reminded me of Luang Prabang (my other favourite place in South East Asia).

It was fantastic to be able to buy luxury clothes that we normally wouldn't even consider buying. James has a gorgeous Italian cashmere wool suit which fits beautifully and I have a Thai silk cocktail dress, satin pyjamas and a cashmere wool suit too. (I may also have other items, but I don't want to look too greedy). I'll just say that it's a good place to get shorts, trousers, shirts, winter coats, dresses... And they also make perfect copies of clothes you already have.

It was pretty cool being able to get clothes made for my family too. We posted them back to NZ - hope everything fits!

In Hoi An we stayed in an 'ancient house' - a traditional Vietnamese house made of iron wood. Inside is all black and dark, with carvings in the walls so the air can come in. And the whole outside wall opens up to outside. Perfect for the crazy hot weather here.

Eating by the river, lazing on the white sand beach, rambling through the art galleries, watching Buddha's birthday parade - what more could you want?

Tags: Adventures

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.